Deanna D. BollMember
Deanna D. Boll is a seasoned corporate restructuring attorney with over 15 years of litigation and bankruptcy law experience. Prior to joining Callari Partners LLC, Ms. Boll was a partner in the restructuring group of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, one of the nation's top law firms. She began her career at McCarter & English LLP, one of New Jersey's oldest and largest law firms, where she focused on creditors' rights and complex commercial litigation.
Ms. Boll has extensive experience representing corporate debtors in a variety of restructuring matters across the country, including out-of-court workouts, pre-packaged and pre-arranged Chapter 11 cases, and traditional Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 business bankruptcy cases. Ms. Boll also counsels officers and directors regarding fiduciary duties and restructuring alternatives, and represents equity holders, trade creditors, creditors' committees, lenders, and private equity groups in connection with a variety of restructuring matters. She has represented clients in diverse industries, including chemical and manufacturing, airlines, telecommunication and technology, retail, energy and regulated utilities, and construction.
Ms. Boll has significant experience in Chapter 11 cases involving mass tort and legacy liabilities and has served as counsel in some of the largest asbestos bankruptcy cases in the nation, negotiating and drafting multi-billion dollar plans of reorganization with multiple trust structures aimed at successfully resolving tort liability through the Chapter 11 process. Ms. Boll has also counseled numerous other chemical companies and manufacturers of highly-engineered industrial products on restructuring alternatives due to significant asbestos, silica, and other mass tort liabilities. Her experience includes litigating complex fraudulent transfer actions, claims estimation issues, and other multi-million dollar financial disputes both in and out of the mass tort context.
In addition to Ms. Boll's litigation and restructuring experience, Ms. Boll also provides general corporate counseling in the food service industry.
Some significant prior public representations include:
- W. R. Grace & Co. - debtors' counsel to W. R. Grace & Co., a $3.3 billion revenue manufacturing company and maker of specialty chemicals, and its affiliates, in their Chapter 11 cases to resolve significant asbestos-related liabilities.
- Calpine Corporation - debtors' counsel to Calpine Corp., the world's largest producer of renewable geothermal energy, and its affiliates, in their Chapter 11 cases, which, at the time of filing, was the sixth largest case to file for Chapter 11 protection in U.S. history.
- The Babcock & Wilcox Company - debtors' counsel to B&W, a $1.5 billion dollar worldwide manufacturer of commercial boilers and other products, and its affiliates, in their Chapter 11 cases to resolve significant nuclear and asbestos-related liabilities. Also participated in the successful litigation of $622 million fraudulent conveyance claim, resulting in a declaration that certain transfers made to B&W's non-debtor parent were valid, and B&W was solvent at the time of the transfers.
- Combustion Engineering - counsel to non-debtor parent, ABB Ltd., in the prepackaged Chapter 11 cases of its subsidiaries, Combustion Engineering, Inc. and ABB Lummus Global, Inc., to resolve significant asbestos-related liabilities.
- Imperial Tobacco - counsel to Imperial Tobacco ("IT") in the Chapter 11 case of the Flintkote Company and the debtor's case against IT seeking to (a) recover approximately $525 million of dividends under federal and state theories including fraudulent conveyance and illegal dividends, and (b) impose over $2 billion in asbestos liabilities of Flintkote onto IT under alter ego claims arising out of IT's acquisition of Flintkote's parent company.
- AT&T Latin America - counsel to the Statutory Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Bain Capital - counsel to Bain as equity holder in various Chapter 11 cases.
- Trans World Airlines, Inc. ("TWA") - debtors' counsel to TWA and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases, including matters involving union contracts during the successful sale of substantially all of the assets to American Airlines, Inc.
Ms. Boll received her B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of Michigan (1993), and her J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Notre Dame Law School (1998).